Home Game Day Info
Saturday, August 31st, Kickoff 7:00pm
Wednesday night in Montreal did not go well despite another early goal. Thursday didn’t go so hot either, with the Whitecaps flight from Montreal getting cancelled. No word yet if the team is on their way west yet, via plane, train or free-for-all hitchhiking frenzy.
Saturday we host NYCFC (who are already in town, by-the-by, to recover from the drain of cross-continent travel). NYCFC is within striking distance of first in the East. They’ll be well rested and keen to extract points from the cranky and demoralized Whitecaps. Should be a feisty game.
REF: Marcos “Olives In” DeOliveirahttp://proreferees.com/2019/08/27/2019-mls-assignments-week-26/
AR1: Mike “From Canmore” Rottersman
AR2: Apolinar “Evil Twin” Mariscal
4TH: Alex “Olives Out” Chilowicz
VAR: Ricardo “Redcardo” Salazar
AVAR: Rene “No, YOU’RE offside!” Parra
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC: 6W – 9D – 14L, 29pts, last place MLS West, 2nd last overall
- Whitecaps form: W-L-W-L-L
- New York City FC: 13W – 8D- 5L, 47pts, 3rd place MLS East
- Bronx cheer form: W-L-W-W-W
- Library Square Public House, 300 W Georgia St – all ages on Whitecaps game days!