Election for 2019: Ombudsperson
  • xczimixczimi

Ombudsperson

• Independent, non-voting board member;
    • Provides the General Membership with fiscal and administrative oversight of the Executive Board's activities;
    • Provides counsel to the Executive Board on matters of member discipline, conflict of interest and other complex member issues;
    • Represents the interests of the General Membership and individual members to the Executive Board through advocacy and consultation.

Eligible candidates may nominate themselves here, or they can accept a nomination brought forward by another person who is a member in good standing of the General Membership.

It is important to note that only official, dues-paying members of the Southsiders can nominate a candidate. To assist with verification purposes, persons nominating others must self-identify as a member in good standing. The proposed candidate must also accept the nomination in writing on the discussion forum.

It is recommended that candidates provide a brief statement within the appropriate discussion thread to provide the General Membership with a sense of their personal background, experience and expertise, particularly as those things relate to the board position in question.

Nominees have the right to decline their nomination by a third party, or withdraw their nomination at any time prior to the Annual General Meeting.

Nominees are only permitted to stand as a candidate for a maximum of one role on the executive board (Treasurer, Secretary, Ombudsperson or Member at large).

The final deadline for nominations is 13:30 pm on December 7th, 2018.

AKA Peter spillt his beer - President / Secretary / Director of Away Travel / ISC rep / IT Crowd Committee - member #124 - BC Place Section 251 Row F 101 --- http://www.xczimi.com
  • WatchmenWatchmen

Greg Petrie, member number 83. I'd like to run again for Ombudsperson

I took over as the ombudsperson at the August GM, with the intention of wanting to serve for a full term in 2019. So far I've overseen and advised the new board on the mid-season transition, as well as having served as the moderator for the recent focus group.

A bit of additional background. I've been a member since 2008, and have helped out on tifo and game day set up when possible. I've done a number of bus tours with the Southsiders, as well as having traveled to more distant cities to support the team. At work, part of my previous previous required me to deal with customer complaints and to reach a resolution that was satisfactory to both them and the company.

I look forward to the chance to help transition the group in to whatever the membership would like it to be next.

• theonewolftheonewolf

cheers greg. I'll second your nomination

twitter: @mitchjwilliams section 244 row n seat 105.

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion